Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) Railway is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. BNSF operates one of the largest railroad networks in North America, covering 28 states and two Canadian provinces. The network’s footprint extends across the Western two-thirds of the United States, stretching from major Pacific Northwest and Southern California ports to the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest and from the Gulf of Mexico to Canada.
Today’s BNSF Railway is the result of a merger and/or acquisition of some 390 different railroad lines over more than 150 years. It is the largest transporter of aircraft parts by rail in the United States. The major commodities include coal, agricultural products, consumer products and industrial products.
E2 is currently assisting BNSF with the implementation of Enablon Software to provide the following capabilities/functional areas:
- Incident management
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Behavior-based safety observations and ergonomics reporting
- Audit/inspections and corrective actions (with mobility capabilities)
- Compliance management / task management
- Key performance indicators
- Wastewater/storm water permit compliance tracking
- Waste management
- Claims management